Monday, October 19, 2009

Zephyr Cove

A good friend who saw me after this weekend's retreat described my countenance as that 'coming down from the mountain' look. Literally, I had come down from the mountains in Tahoe, dropping a few thousand feet in elevation. But instinctively I knew my friend was referring to something else entirely. I had some powerful spiritual experiences this weekend, and the shifts in my soul was manifested on my face. To those new friends from Z.C. who may be reading this, thank you for allowing me to be as exposed and ugly-real as I needed to be this weekend. And thank you for being vulnerable and honest with me, sharing your own ugly-realness (which ironically is some of the most incredible beauty I've seen in women in a long time). I've had on my heart a desire to walk through my journals and look at where I was two years ago, and compare it to where I am now. This is a bit scary; some of my journal entries I'll be sharing verbatim, and they are not always pretty. They are not always spiritually sound. You may question my stability, my sanity, my Christianity, my rationality. But you will see my humanity. If this resonates with even a single person, makes one more person feel a little less 'I thought I was the only one with these thoughts', it'll be more than worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment